Wednesday, October 13, 2010

SH063 - F. S. U.














video: Super Gals
music: My Pet Demon - "Self Destruct"
link: depositfiles [37.2 MB]
editor: Dazzle MovieStar
production date: December 2002

This video wound up a chronological year in which I finished a total of 40 videos (SH024 through SH063, inclusive), and was NEET for a nontrivial portion of time. The twitch reaction is pretty simple: got nothing else to do, got nothing to do but make videos. The problem with this analysis is that the pace is pretty consistent regardless. From January through May, I was finishing up my last semester of undergrad, including writing a thesis in one subject and doing a substantial independent study in another. Despite that, SH024 through SH038 -- 15 videos, 5 months, 3 vpm. I was working from June through September -- 14 videos, 3.5 months, 4 vpm. The NEET stand from September through December resulted in SH053 through SH063; 11 videos in 3.5 months for about 3.15 vpm.

The figures are a little distorted because of the demos in the first two blocks, but each block is close enough to the full-year 3 1/3 vpm average for the deviation no not really make a difference. I obviously wasn't dumping all my time into AMV at the end of the year -- of course, since I was looking for work, prepping for and taking the GRE, then sending applications out -- at least not any more than I was while in school or working. The constant pace led me to think this sort of pace could run out indefinitely; grad school obviously was a lot more work, and then full-time field work was more challenging still. Now that I have a commute, the chance of getting back on this pace is pretty much nil.

No comments:

Post a Comment