Tuesday, October 12, 2010

SH055 - d e f y














video: Samurai Deeper Kyo
music: Dimension Zero - "Your Darkest Hour"
link: depositfiles [41.2 MB]
editor: Dazzle MovieStar
production date: September 2002

Like a lot of the other videos produced in fall 2002, when I had pretty arbitrary amounts of time to work on AMVs -- GRE prep only took so much time, and as hard as I looked, nobody was hiring -- this one was more or less eat-what-you-kill: ideas could come in and get turned around into finished videos with very low latency, so the filter on what did get made wasn't super-stringent. This meant that I had the freedom to play around with stuff and produce something like SH056, the bandwidth to do a very pure and conceptually simple video like this, and unfortunately no convincing counterargument to stand in the way of making SH059. The main driver of this was the .org-driven prescription of video fidelity as an active goal, in concert with the fact that my capture card was still broken. I was limited in what sources I had available, and as I got new high-quality material in, that was rapidly bound in to new ideas and ground out. No matter what, I couldn't stand still, and even the videos I'm not super fond of from that era had their purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment