Tuesday, October 12, 2010

SH059 - hypersonicbitch













video: Armitage III: Polymatrix
music: Pain - "Supersonic Bitch"
link: depositfiles [37.2 MB]
editor: Dazzle MovieStar
production date: November 2002

I soured on this video almost as soon as it was finished, and it now belongs in that elite group of videos that I can look back on and think "seriously, what the hell did I make that for?" In similar retrospect, though, it was good for me as an editor to not have a filter at this time, as I could explore the boundaries of what was good and smart to do in AMVs by actually going out and trying to apply this stuff to videos, rather than leaving it as a thought experiment. Sometimes things you think are dumb actually work, and sometimes things that look like good ideas in theory come out like garbage, and it can be difficult to make that determination a priori without having gone out and pushed the boundaries of your edit suite. This video is not actively bad, and I probably still watch it more than stuff like SH062, which is much better assembled, but if I had more of an ego or any pretensions at fame, I might be trying to bury this.

The fact that this is not buried and SH034 is really tells you something about how bad that former video is.

No comments:

Post a Comment