Friday, October 8, 2010

SH050 - drowning pool
















video: Ai Yori Aoshi
music: Nevermore - "Dreaming Neon Black"
link: depositfiles [54.1 MB]
editor: Dazzle MovieStar
production date: August 2002

This video was made from a really limited source pool, which shows in the way it's composed; if I recall correctly, four episodes, of which one was unsubbed. Add in to the fact that it's cutting against the grain of the show, and it's not surprising that this one had to get edited down.

Looking back, the constraints that I've been mentioning for the last few posts look clearer and clearer in retrospect: SH048, 049, and 051 are one-episode cuts, effectively, and this one was a minimal 4-ep. Despite this, I was still dumping a lot of time into TMPEG, time that I had less and less of as I cycled up into jobsearch mode. It was no coincidence that doing a deep 13-episode cut for SH052 on top of the effectively wasted render time broke the camel's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment