Wednesday, June 2, 2010

SH029 - Harvest of Thorns
















video: Rurouni Kenshin OVA
music: Sentenced - "Killing Me Killing You"
link: depositfiles [58.5 MB]
editor: Dazzle MovieStar
production date: January 2002

I do so much graph nerdery that I really ought to go in and do a graphical comparison of first- and second-run videos on a title in terms of some fixed metric of aesthetic quality. It's not going into the post for this video, a companion piece to SH028, but maybe by the time I get to SH082/083.

Sentenced's official video for this song is particularly bogging. The idea behind it is nice, but the filmography does a particularly bad job of bringing it forward in a way that audiences are going to identify with. I stopped bigging up my videos a long time ago, and will only under heavy conditionals defend an AMV against something that someone actually put effort into filming, but I'm pretty sure this, and any other competently executed amateur video, would be preferable to the video that Sentenced went with officially.

No comments:

Post a Comment