Thursday, December 2, 2010

SH105 - a declaration
















video: Initial D
music: Bruce Springsteen - "Independence Day"
link: depositfiles [45.1 MB]
editor: Magix 2.0+ deLuxe
production date: February 2006

The production date on this is not strictly accurate. I started work on this video in October of 2005, making it the first of a troubling trend of large projects that take way too fucking long. The cut was a nightmare due to how much cleaning I had to do to the source, and then after that editing in itself was tough. I was dealing with weird hours, a tough commute, and increased time demands from other stuff; pretty much how my life has gone since, which is why it feels so familiar: five years later, I'm working on a long cut from a bad Tokyopop print that started in October and won't turn into a video until well into the next year.

This is also the video in which I officially turned old. When you have a young person make a video with Bruce and a show about street racing, it doesn't turn out like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment